Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Spirit Sand, St. Claude, Elm Creek, Winnipeg








Good Afternoon! Jon and I left early afternoon from Glenboro to the Spruce Woods provincial Park where we hiked at the Spirit Sand Dunes. In total, we hiked 5.6 km mainly in sand. It was quite interesting how the landscape can be so vastly different in different parts of provinces. The sand was quite nice. Jon compares it to beach sand.

On the hike, there were lots of mosquitos and bugs. The mosquitos were all over me. Fortunately, I wore the long black pants, which were de-fuzzed yesterday. Jon and I also put on mosquito repellant. However, somehow, a big black bug managed to fly into the inside of my pants. Of course i screamed. Jon said something really funny. On this trip he’s been making poems and songs. He said something like “I’m not embarassed by you but proud of you for walking around with your shirt tucked into your pants. Your pants into your socks. Your socks into your shoes and you chin strap behind your ears.” Haha. After the bug in my pants, i had no choice.

While we were trying to figure out how to get to Spruce woods provincial park, I discovered a place called Neepawa which is north of Glenboro. This place is the “World Lily Capital” because more varieties of lilies are grown in the area than anywhere ese in the world. We’ll try to go there on the way back. Jon said he may trade me for another Lily. I told him that “well then i hope that place is nice”. Haha

We’re on our way to St. Claude to see a large pipe.

Edit:

We went to St. Claude to see a large pipe and Elm Creek to see a large fire hydrant.

We're now in Winnipeg at our hostel. It's cold here but not too bad. There was thunder when we were driving here. Now, it's raining so we'll just stay in and watch a movie.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment