Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Colbourne, Campbellford, Kingston









Hello everyone! Jon and I are in Kingston now. We’re staying with Gordon, one of our high school friends. Before we left, we bought some asian buns for the road. Today, Jon and I drove to Colbourne to see the Big Apple. We had a slice of apple crumble pie which was quite delicious. We also went to Campbellford to see a giant toonie. Afterwards, we drove to Kingston.

As we were waiting for Gordon, we watched a bit of Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. It’s very addicting. Gordon took us around Queen’s University campus. There are lots of nice looking buildings here. We also walked by the water which had a nice view. I was wearing ballet flats the whole time. Normally, I wear running shoes but I didn’t know we would be walking that much. As a result, I have 4 blisters. Ouch! Fortunately, my feet got a break when we went to a Japanese/Korean restaurant for dinner. Jon ordered seafood udon which he enjoyed. I ordered Korean sparerib dinner box. It was tasty.

About a block down, there was a supermarket. Jon and I had to get milk so we went there. By then, my feet were killing me. So before we left the supermarket, I took some Kleenex and wrapped it around my feet as cushion. It helped a bit. Jon and Gordon thought I was silly. Jon eventually gave in and carried me to Gordon’s house.

We wanted to go on a haunted walk because Kingston is haunted. So we walked for 30 minutes to get to the tour site but we couldn’t find the address. Eventually, we met up with the tour group. The tour was quite interesting. The tour guide took us around the neighbourhood and would tell us stories about how certain places were haunted. She brought us to the front of a bed and breakfast inn. She was telling us that people staying there would see an old lady on the balcony sitting in a rocking chair. It just so happened that an old lady was sitting in a rocking chair on the balcony. The tour guide said afterwards “that lady is not the ghost”. Ha ha. There was another incident where the tour guide was describing how there are corpses in the parking lot and then she pointed at this crack on the ground and said that there may still be one right there; a little boy was sitting on the crack. Ha ha.

Gordon is making us dessert. It involved ice-cream, bananas and chocolate milk. He’ll also make us omelette tomorrow. Oh the life of luxury.

Have a good night everyone!

Edit: Gordon made deep fried banana with ice cream. It was good. It's late now so we shall sleep. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment