Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

thousand island parkway, Montreal












Bonjour tout le monde! Jon and I are in Montreal now. We had such a refreshing night yesterday. We slept in till 10:30am. Gordon made us mushroom, sausage, and green and red pepper omelette. It was tasty. It was nice seeing Gordon.
We drove on the “Thousand Island Parkway” which was very scenic. There were little islands in the St. Lawrence River. Some of the islands were occupied by a single house. It was pretty neat.

Before we knew it, we had crossed the border into Quebec. We stopped at the visitor’s centre to get pamphlets and maps. We also went to Tim Horton’s to get a bagel. This was the first time I exercised my French. It was horrible! I didn’t know how to say bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese. Bagel is the same in English as it is in French but herb and garlic are different.

We’re staying at a hotel on Saint Catherine Street which is one of the main streets. Since we arrived early, we walked around our neighbourhood. As we were walking, Jon asked me if the guys here were more feminine. I wasn’t sure but before we finished the block, we saw rainbow coloured flags on the buildings. Apparently, we’re staying in the gay district of Montreal.

We walked to the Subway station to purchase 3 day bus/ subway pass. I was repeating "I would like to buy two 3 day passes" in french. When I did say it, the attendant pointed behind me and said go to that machine. We had a poutine at la belle province. It was huge. We ordered poutine with smoked ham. It was good but not good for you. We took the subway to get back to our hotel. Fortunately, we have air conditioning! We’ll be planning our next few days.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment